Monday, April 29, 2013

Deployment Week Fourteen

Alright so apparently the Saturday deployment updates have changed permanently to Monday deployment updates. I don't know why life has been so crazy, but my goal is to be a better blogger this week. 
May is so close I can taste it. May is my goalpost month. May is when I head home to Atlanta and spend time with my parents. May is when I will hit 50% of this darn deployment done. If I can make it through May and June, and I feel like I will be in the home stretch. Now everyone says how horrible the end of the summer will be; so close to redeployment without any actual homecoming. I am choosing to ignore that. My first goal was to make it to April. April is almost over and I am still standing.

Happy Picture 

For Lane's 21st birthday we went and brewed our own beer. The place was in Alexandria right outside of D.C, but sadly they are closed. We had a great time and the beer was delicious. 

Deployment Gratitude 
1. I am grateful for the sun. 
I swear y'all, my entire Instagram feed is going to be pictures of me reading outside for the next few weeks. After months of constant snow and cold, 70 degree weather is heaven. 
2. I am grateful for Asha's good behavior. 
We have gotten into a great routine. She sees me putting my shoes on in the morning and immediately goes into her crate. It makes me smile every morning. 
3. I am grateful for good friends. 
I had a completely friend filled weekend and it was great. I had my introvert time, but not nearly enough. I am a pretty social person, but if I don't get enough alone time in a week I start to twitch a little bit. I like to hide myself away with a book at least a couple times a week. 
4. I am grateful for pictures of my husband!
I woke up this morning to a freshly posted picture of Lane from his unit's facebook group. 


Deployment Projects 
Nada, zilch, none. 
I made a gorgeous wreath for the front door yesterday, but that doesn't really count. My next big purchase is to get a love seat for the living room. It was going to be way too much money to reupholster the chair Asha destroyed, so I am just going with a new love seat. Can't wait =)

I am guest posting over at Love From Home today and talking all about my wedding. Go check it out! 

6 comments:

  1. As far as the end of summer being tough, I think it just depends. The last few months were hard for me because I completed my marathon training and then school/work were done for the year, so I was just waiting with wayyyy too much free time. But if you are going keep doing the things that are getting you through now (spending time with friends, working out, working) then I don't think it will necessarily be harder at the end of the deployment. Keep taking it one chunk at a time like you've been doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you. I feel like each month is going faster than the last, and maybe they will slow down in August, but nothing is as miserable as three feet of snow and no husband. I will still be working like crazy and trying to get the house ready for his return. I am really trying to focus on certain blocks of time rather than the whole darn thing. Thanks for the encouragement =) You are the sweetest

      Delete
  2. Yay for approaching the halfway mark!!! You've got this!!! I'm so glad you're getting some nice weather. Spring has reappeared here and it hasn't been blazingly hot again since I last btched and moaned about it to the internet. I hope it sticks around for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for the 50% mark so soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Getting over that half-way hump is sooooo nice! You're handling this like a champ!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for (almost) halfway! gotta love those milestones!

    ReplyDelete

Comments Make My Day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...