Saturday, April 13, 2013

200

I know I just posted about deployment goals yesterday, but today at the gym I blasted through one of my biggest goals. I set a goal months ago to dead lift my body weight. I have always been floating around the low 100's, but I wanted to get above my body weight for my one rep map. Well today not only did I hit my body weight, I went way beyond that.

 I dead lifted 200 lbs for my one rep max.

 That's almost 50 lbs more than my body weight. Y'all it felt amazing. That is not at all something I thought I would be able to do. I had an incredible support team cheering me on and encouraging me to keep adding weight. 

This is one reason that I am so passionate about encouraging other women to lift. You get this incredible sense of accomplishment from being able to do something you couldn't mere weeks ago. There is enormous confidence in physical strength. I feel like I am more confident in other areas of my life when I feel physically strong. 

Now the whole getting bulky thing. I have gotten considerably smaller since I started lifting weights. This is my favorite quote on the subject: 


Obviously everyone should lift safely, but don't be scared to pick up the bar and throw some weight on that bad boy. I absolutely love it and could never imagine stopping. 

3 comments:

  1. I agree, I get way more personal satisfaction from weight training than I do from cardio!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! I am so proud of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Comments Make My Day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...