I am running around like a chicken with my head cut off today so I will make this quick. I am linking up with The Little Things We Do for Fill In The Blank Friday.
1. Over this labor day weekend I will be enjoying time with Lane, going berry picking, playing with my puppy and finishing a load of DIY projects.
2. With the political debates going on right now, my thoughts are not changed at all. I am pretty secure in my political beliefs and tend to make up my mind very early. Fun fact; I took a year off from college and interned full time on a presidential campaign. I specialized in campaign politics during grad school. I tend to look at the whole thing through the lens of academia. I was not so crazy about the speeches last night. Clint Eastwood talking to the empty chair was really weird to me.
3. Today I went berry picking ( $3.50 a pound, whoo hoo). I am now taking a quick break from cleaning to blog. My friend is coming over for dinner tonight and my house is a disaster.
4. The best thing I've cooked recently was this Asian cole slaw I made last week. I am actually making it again tonight to go some shrimp.
5. The last thing I bought was about 2.5 lbs of raspberries.
6. The best movie I saw this summer was Brave. I absolutely loved it.
7. The best book I read this summer was The American Heiress by Daisy Goodwin. It was like Downton Abbey in book form. I HIGHLY recommend it.
I hope everyone has a wonderful Labor Day weekend. I am going to soak up this time with my husband before he heads off for a month of training in a few weeks.