Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Coffee Love


Sometimes people are wonderful. 
I stopped by Starbucks on Saturday during my normal errands trip into Watertown. I was planning on picking up coffee for a friend who has been having a rough week. I told the barrista, and this was the note he wrote on her cup. He also gave me the drink for free. I love when people go the extra mile to put a smile on your face.

The second reason I wanted to share this is that I have had two different military spouses mention to me that they don't go to Starbucks because the company refused to send coffee to deployed soldiers. Now this story has been repeatedly refuted. You can find the snopes explanation here. Our local Starbucks sends coffee to Fort Drum soldiers all the time. My mom ordered directly from Starbucks and had the coffee sent to Lane. With her order they also included $20.00 worth of gift cards. Now I understand that there are lots of people who don't like Starbucks for whatever reason. However, make sure your facts are actually accurate before you condemn a company for not supporting our service members. 

4 comments:

  1. Way to uncover that myth! How sad that people would boycott a place because of that (at least I think it's sad).

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice! A little thing like that can make a big difference in someone's day! I love Starbucks, so I'm glad the rumors aren't true. (My husband actually told me about that one when he was deployed; I, naturally, immediately googled it to make sure I didn't have to break up with Starbucks. I'm sure you can imagine my relief to find out it was a fake story.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you didn't have to break up with them! I love Starbucks and the people that work there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow how sweet of the barista! I love Starbucks :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments Make My Day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...