Thursday, April 4, 2013

Change In Wardrobe

Over the past year I have lost almost all interest in shopping for clothes. We had our new house and every single minute was focused on setting up our home. Any extra money went toward the new couch or the other million things houses needed. The house is still a work in progress, but my interest in shopping for clothes has slowly returned. I have bought a few new things recently, mostly oxfords and cardigans.
 My style hasn't really changed over the years. I have always been into skirts and vaguely preppy outfits. However, recently I have been hit with the urge to get rid of everything I own and start from scratch. Clearly this is not the best idea, but I think a huge closet clean out is in order.
 I have been within 10 lbs of my current weight since I started high school. I grew very quickly, and as a result was at my adult height by 15. This also means that a lot of my clothes are from high school and college. Now, some of them are very nice, but 25 year old Molly's style and 18 year old Molly's style are not quite the same thing. 
I have getting the itch to do a closet purge. I don't really have a problem getting rid of things, but there is always that voice in my head "you might need that one day". Army life guarantees a lot of moving. If I can reduce my wardrobe to items I truly love, I think it will make getting dressed more fun and moving much easier. 

Has anyone else experienced feeling like this? Did you go nuts with a new wardrobe? Or did you make due with the items you already had? 

3 comments:

  1. I'm feeling the same way...There are so many clothes I should get rid of since I haven't worn them in ages, but I just can't bear to part with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a ton of clothes from HS still. I rarely part with clothes and just stick them in suitcases. I have tried to do a closet clean where if I don't wear it for 3 months, I need to pull it aside, try it on and then keep or toss it. It definitely helped me get rid of a few things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm feeling the same way, too. Soon-to-be college grad Bailey needs buy grown-up clothes, because I can't keep wearing jeans and hoodies for the rest of my life! The hard part is my weight keeps changing!

    ReplyDelete

Comments Make My Day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...