Thursday, March 14, 2013

America America

I am a little obsessed with decorating with maps. 
This print was our "guest book" at the wedding and now hangs above our bed. 

FOR MOLLY
Beauchamping on Etsy
Sidenote: this Etsy seller is amazing. He created a custom piece for me and did an absolutely incredible job. I  couldn't recommend him enough. 

I have more map art all over the house, and am always looking for more. I saw this beauty on Pinterest and knew I wanted to do something similar. 
travel map
Original Source On Pinterest
So I thought for a while that I would get a cork board and cut it into the proper shape. But let's be honest, it has been way to cold to do any work in my garage. Then I realized that I already had the perfect option. 
I bought the Curiosity Shop Cutting Board from Target in January, but hadn't really been using it to chop carrots. It was way too pretty. So I decided to screw some hooks into the back and hang that sucker up as art. 
via
How Target styled the cutting board 


I screwed small hooks into the back of the cutting board and attached hanging wire. This made it really easy to hang. 


My version in it's final form. I am still working on this gallery wall. I hope to have an update this weekend as a part of my DIY-Ing It Through Deployment section.

I am linking up with Stephanie and Katie for Saw It, Pinned It Did It.

Saw it. Pinned it. Did it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Make My Day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...