Sunday, March 24, 2013

Deployment Week Nine

I was thrilled to pass the two month mark earlier this month. I am so ready to hit the 1/3 mark of this deployment. I feel like it isn't a huge jump from 25% done to 33% done and then on to 50%. Just for an OPSEC check in, all of my dates are a little off. I will never say exactly which date Lane left. This is for his safety and everyone with him. His unit made it public knowledge on Facebook that flights were leaving in January, so I don't feel at all restricted in sharing that information.

Happy Picture 

This is from Lane's promotion last November. The location was moved and we had to trek through the snow. I had worn heels thinking it was just going to be at Squadron. Lane carried me over the snow so my feet didn't get cold and wet. Sigh, so romantic.

Deployment Gratitude 
1. I am grateful for middle of the night instant messages from my husband. There was some anxiety inducing stuff this week, and I am so grateful to have heard from him. I was so sleepy while responding to his messages that when I woke up I wasn't sure if it was a dream or real life. 

2. I am so very grateful that we were able to fully celebrate Lane's birthday. The unit Facebook page posted a wonderful picture of his face while the office sang happy birthday. His birthday care package arrived on his birthday, and were able to chat for quite a while. I got a painting of us and Asha for his gift, and he loved it. It felt wonderful to fully celebrate with him, even from 6,500 miles away. 

3. I am grateful for progress. I finally nailed a shoulder stand during my workout on Saturday. This is one yoga posture that just never clicked for me. I was messing around after our workout, and realized that I am nearly there. I can't put my arms down yet, but there is definite progress.

4. I am grateful that Tuition Assistance was reinstated. I am so happy for all the soldiers who can resume their classes. I know the Coast Guard's T.A wasn't included, and I hope the budget gets sorted out.

5. I am grateful for perfect mornings. I woke up early today, had breakfast and headed out to read at Starbucks. I stopped at the mailbox and had two letters from Lane. His grandfather also sent me chocolate. Clearly, best family ever. Starbucks was empty that early in the morning and it was so peaceful to read and drink my latte.

Deployment Projects


I am just about done with framing. The Michael's framing people all recognize me now, and I don't even want to think about the total amount of money spent on frames. I got the free cork board from work, and that filled in the wall in my kitchen. I finally finished my old school desk, and it's now in the entry table. I don't really have one room totally done, but there has been decent progress all over the house. The office is the only room that is still a complete disaster. I am so ready for warm weather. I want to be able to work in my garage and not freeze to death. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Make My Day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...