Sunday, April 29, 2012

Back in NY

I am relieved to be writing this from the Watertown Starbucks next to my favorite person. I made the drive back from Virginia Saturday morning, and arrived around 3:30 to our gorgeous new house. I am completely in love. The house is amazing and I can't wait to start all sorts of projects. We already made a run to Lowes so I can start priming tonight and painting tomorrow.

The summer weather did not quite follow me north. I have traded the 86 degree Atlanta for a 46 degree Watertown. However, the sun is shining and I have my gorgeous new place so I am happy.

As a substitute for Sunday Art, here is my all time favorite summer song. The Traveling Wilburys is made up of George Harrison, Jeff Lynne, Bob Dylan, Tom Petty, and Roy Orbison. They were a kind of super-group/collaboration and have some amazing songs. My favorite is Handle With Care. 


The beginning of every summer at the lake was marked with this song. We would start playing it at a specific point on the high way so that it was just ending as we pulled in. I really don't know what it was about this song, but from about the age of five I was obsessed.



Been beat up and battered round
Been sent up, and Ive been shot down
Youre the best thing that Ive ever found
Handle me with care
Reputations changeable
Situations tolerable
Baby, you're adorable
Handle me with care
(chorus)
Im so tired of being lonely
I still have some love to give
Wont you show me that you really care
(bridge)
Everybodys got somebody to lean on
Put your body next to mine, and dream on
Ive been fobbed off, and Ive been fooled
Ive been robbed and ridiculed
In day care centers and night schools
Handle me with care
Been stuck in airports, terrorized
Sent to meetings, hypnotized
Overexposed, commercialized
Handle me with care
(chorus)
(bridge)
Ive been uptight and made a mess
But I'll clean it up myself, I guess
Oh, the sweet smell of success
Handle me with care

Y'all should definitely check out more of their songs. I hope that summer has arrived for other parts of the country. As for me, I am just hoping it won't snow again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Make My Day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...