Saturday, April 14, 2012

Hail and Farewell

I attended my first Hail and Farewell last night. It was held at a gorgeous lodge type building on post. Lots of guys from the squadron were there, and I got to meet some of the people Lane will be working with. All of the new guys were hailed, and the Colonel made a very funny speech about Lane and welcomed us to the unit. His wife gave me a yellow rose and the squadron pin. One tradition that I was NOT prepared for was the yellow garter. In Cavalry units, the wives are presented with a yellow garter. In fact, Lane had to put the garter on me while everyone cheered us on. We are all supposed to wear the garter to the squadron ball in June.

CavHooah Yellow Cavalry Garter
via


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Make My Day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...