Monday, April 16, 2012

Living Room Inspiration

We are only days away from getting the keys to our house. Although I am hundreds of miles away, I am constantly thinking about the upcoming decorating. The living room is one of the most important rooms in the house. This is where we will entertain as well as settle in for relaxing evenings at home. We have a big over sized white chair, and are getting a dark brown leather couch. Here are some of my ideas, all from my New House board on Pinterest.

Dark leather couch

Close approximation of the couch, and the chevron pillow is perfect. 

love that pillow

Over sized white chair.

white out.

I love how calm and peaceful this room is. I love the pops of color on the coffee table. 


I want to get some really fun pillows to tie the room together. The walls will be white, and I am not sure if we are going to get a rug or not. My plan right now is to pick one or two accent colors to use with the pillows and window treatments. I love the idea of navy blue or emerald green. 

so pretty

I LOVE this pillow. I think this with a few navy patterned pillows would be beautiful. 

Throw PillowsThrow pillows, Navy and White

These are such fun patterns, and would bring in white and a bright color. We need to find a coffee table and figure out the window treatments. The basics are there, now we need to find the fun pieces to bring the room together. 

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. I think that y'all can expect lots and lots of house posts this week. I am thrilled to visit family and see a good friend get married, but the house will be on my mind. 

4 comments:

  1. love all of these! Can't wait to see your decorating updates in the future :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on getting the keys soon!! that is the exciting time the decorating. i think a stuffy white chair is a must in any house

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay... curtains starting from the ceiling is totes my favorite, and I soooo think it makes the entire room looks gorg and bigger!!

    I also love that oversized white chair! Super comfy looking!

    How exciting this is girlie!! Good luck and have the best time ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness, I cannot wait to see it! It's going to be lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Comments Make My Day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...