Tuesday, May 1, 2012

House Update

This lack of internet thing is killing me. We have our appointment with Time Warner on Friday and HOPEFULLY we will be all set to go. I am completely in love with the house and can't wait to get everything else unpacked.

I hit the ground running upon my return to NY on Saturday, and have been trying to get as much done as possible before I start teaching this summer. Months ago I posted that my goal was to be employed by May. Well, once I turn in my paperwork to HR this week I will have met my goal. I am so excited to start this adventure and finally have a job again.

via
I am going to try to get some pictures of the house uploaded this week. The living room color scheme may have slightly changed. I hung up my Jasper John's painting and the tone of the room has taken a turn toward the red/yellows/blues of the painting. It's funny, once I noticed this color pattern I started to see it all over my Pinterest boards. Here are some pins that represent the new possible direction of the living room. We still have white walls and beige carpet so the brightness of the painting is somewhat muted.

These are from my Lovely Pinterest board. 

love this


tea tins

Blurry

These are from my New House

colorful wall art

Love bright flowers

I love the bright colors against the muted background. I have hung up this picture of Lane and I from our Day-After shoot and think it works perfectly. These are some of my favorite pictures because the light is just unbelievable. 


I think that I may keep the navy pillows color scheme, but also add a few more touches of yellow and red to the room. Our kitchen and breakfast room are almost done and I can't wait to get the rest of the house set up too. 

I will probably only post once or twice between now and Friday. There is internet at the Community Center, but the lovely people here are going to think I have moved in and set up house. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Make My Day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...