Monday, April 2, 2012

Eating Like a Dinosaur

It is hard to believe that I have been eating ( quasi ) paleo for a year. It seemed so daunting at first, but now just feels like second nature. I absolutely feel a difference in my body and my skin. Pancakes were one thing that I missed terribly at first. Until I found this recipe. These pancakes are delicious, and taste great with some grilled bananas and cinnamon.

paleo pancakes
via
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1 tablespoon water
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 2 tablespoons honey
  • 1 ½ cups blanched almond flour
  • ¼ teaspoon celtic sea salt
  • ¼ teaspoon baking soda
  • grapeseed oil, for cooking (or for Paleo use coconut oil)

  1. In a large bowl whisk together eggs, water, vanilla and honey
  2. Add almond flour, salt and baking soda and mix until thoroughly combined
  3. Heat coconut oil on skillet over medium low to medium heat
  4. Scoop 1 heaping tablespoon of batter at a time onto the skillet
  5. Pancakes will form little bubbles, when bubbles open, flip pancakes over and cook other side
  6. Remove from heat to a plate
  7. Repeat process with remaining batter, add more oil to skillet as needed

Y'all, these pancakes are amazing, without having the huge amounts of sugar that regular flour provides. 

2 comments:

  1. LOVING your blog. Those pancakes looks amazing! I also read One day and loved it, and thought the movie didn't hold up to the book. Great story though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my YUM!!!!! i want these now! could you make me some ;)
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete

Comments Make My Day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...