|The Love Shop on Etsy|
I usually have more creative blog titles, but nothing was coming to mind today. There are only so many Rebecca Black references that one can make. As always I am linking up with the wonderful Lauren over at From My Grey Desk for High Five For Friday.
1. One of my favorite parts of the week is actually happening while I blog right now. Asha decided that 7:00 was the official wake up time, and proceeded to lick my ears until I agreed. We went for a long walk, visited the dog park ( which was empty at 7:30) and then headed into town. We stopped at Petco for some treats to keep her occupied while I enjoy the sun on the Starbucks patio. Blogging from my couch is nice, but a chance of scenery is good too.
2. We have been having rotating dinners while the boys are in the field. Three other girls and I have been having dinner and a movie nights all this week. It is infinitely better than hanging out in an almost empty house. I make chicken kabobs and they were delicious. Grilled pineapple is one of my favorite summer foods. I rented This Means War which was just as good as the first time I watched it. It did make me miss Lane a bit since we went to see the same movie for Valentines Day this year.
3. Work has been so wonderful. Y'all, I feel so blessed that I love my job. I love the sense of accomplishment with helping soldiers figure out how get their degrees. I love problem-solving, and all the hoops that have to be jumped through make me giddy.
|Via The Daily Mail|
4. The Olympics! I have an overly emotional connection to the Olympics. I was listening to NPR this morning and they were discussing Oscar Pistorius. He is a double amputee who will be running for South Africa in the Olympic Games. I teared up more than just a little at his inspirational story. I can't wait to watch the opening ceremonies. I am all signed up to watch the live stream ( thank you mom and dad's Comcast account).
5. Last, but certainly not least, I am lucky enough to be guest blogging for the wonderful Homefront United. When I get the link to my article (about my love affair with DIY trays) I will be sure to post it.
This weekend is going to be all about the Olympics, time with friends, and re-watching some 9th Doctor. I