Friday, August 31, 2012

Friday Fill In The Blanks-Labor Day


I am running around like a chicken with my head cut off today so I will make this quick. I am linking up with The Little Things We Do for Fill In The Blank Friday. 


1.  Over this labor day weekend I will be enjoying time with Lane, going berry picking, playing with my puppy and finishing a load of DIY projects. 

2.  With the political debates going on right now, my thoughts are not changed at all. I am pretty secure in my political beliefs and tend to make up my mind very early. Fun fact; I took a year off from college and interned full time on a presidential campaign. I specialized in campaign politics during grad school. I tend to look at the whole thing through the lens of academia. I was not so crazy about the speeches last night. Clint Eastwood talking to the empty chair was really weird to me. 

3.  Today I went berry picking ( $3.50 a pound, whoo hoo). I am now taking a quick break from cleaning to blog. My friend is coming over for dinner tonight and my house is a disaster. 

4. The best thing I've cooked recently was this Asian cole slaw I made last week. I am actually making it again tonight to go some shrimp. 

5. The last thing I bought was about 2.5 lbs of raspberries. 

6. The best movie I saw this summer was Brave. I absolutely loved it. 

7.  The best book I read this summer was The American Heiress by Daisy Goodwin. It was like Downton Abbey in book form. I HIGHLY recommend it. 

I hope everyone has a wonderful Labor Day weekend. I am going to soak up this time with my husband before he heads off for a month of training in a few weeks. 

1 comment:

  1. I am pretty firm in my political beliefs too. I love watching the speeches and debates and the commentary even though most of the time it just gets me all riled up and really mad. It would just be so much easier if everyone agreed with me! :) But I don't think that's going to happen any time soon.*

    ReplyDelete

Comments Make My Day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...