Friday, August 10, 2012

Fill In The Blank Friday

I am linking up with Lauren at The Little Things We Do for Fill In The Blank Friday. This week's questions are all about birthdays. 


1.  The age I will be on my upcoming birthday is   25. Although it isn't until February so I haven't really started thinking about that yet. 

2.   The best birthday present ever would be   To win enough money to pay off our student loans. Or if someone just wants to give us a boatload of money that would be great too. 


3.  My favorite birthday to date was    This is a tie between my 22nd and 24th birthdays. On my 22nd I was studying abroad at Oxford in the UK. My friends knew the bartenders at a pub called the Eagle and Child. They let us have the place after closing for the party. This is the same pub where C.S Lewis and Tolkien hung out. It was an absolute blast. For my 24th birthday Lane planned the whole evening as a surprise. It started off with laser tag, then sushi for dinner followed by a martini and cigar bar. I had such a good time and was blown away with how perfectly he knew what I would want to do. 

4. Birthdays make me feel    Reflective. I like to look back at where I was at my last birthday and compare. I have also written my self a letter on every birthday since I was 13. I talk about how I feel currently, and what I hope is happening for "future Molly". Reading those now is a wonderful way to see how my goals and dreams have changed. I love reading my letter at age 16, which is where Lane shows up for the first time. 

5. The worst birthday I ever had was   hard to determine. My 21st wasn't that great, but it still involved dinner with my parents so that was fun. I haven't really had any terrible birthdays. I am really lucky that I have people who love me who also love to throw ridiculous parties. Actually, now I think about it. I spent my 23rd birthday frantically finishing a massive statistics project. I spent the whole day and night in the stats lab furiously running models. I think I sneaked out for a beer with a friend for maybe 20 minutes. That is probably the worst birthday. 

6. When I was born  I was 7 lbs 7 ounces and had bright red hair. I was born in Atlanta, Georgia on a Tuesday. I still have my medical bracelet from the nursery. 

7.  So far my favorite age has been 23. I think 24 has been pretty good, but 23 was the biggest year of my life. I worked at the Pentagon, got married, got my Masters Degree and moved three times. 

I hope all my readers have a wonderful weekend. It is supposed to rain most of the time up here, but hopefully the weather will break enough for a few walks and dinners outside. 

2 comments:

  1. Your favorite birthdays sound so amazing! 23 was also my favorite age. Don't listen to blink 182, everybody likes you when you're 23!

    Stopping by from the link-up! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having a birthday party after hours at the Eagle and Child? You lucky duck :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments Make My Day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...