Friday, June 15, 2012

The Highest of Hive Fives

Well hello Friday! Friday got here so quickly, and I have no idea where this week went. I am linking up with Lauren at From My Grey Desk


1. I had a lovely hour of painting in our garage. Lane and I have been working on a larger canvas to hang in our living room. It's not done yet, but you can get a glimpse of it above. After we were done, I decided to keep painting some smaller pieces. None of them are a genius piece of work, but it was so fun and relaxing just to paint.


2. I also FINALLY made some progress on my pallet DIY. I got this pallet forever ago, and tore it apart in the first few days. I nailed it together, and then it sat in our garage. I felt motivated after painting, so I finally started working on it. It needs another coat of paint, and then we can hang it in our bedroom! 


3. I came home yesterday and this was the first thing I noticed. My sweet husband changed the message on our chalkboard. Any Game of Thrones fan should recognize the quote. He is very sweet and I think I'll keep him. 

4. We hit up a bunch of yard sales last weekend, and picked up these wonderful side tables. We have one in our bedroom and it now houses my jewelry. We framed our vows and those are also on the table. I will eventually make a nicer version of our vows, but I LOVE having the originals. You can see our edits, where I crossed stuff out, and inserted words. To me this is more special than making a pretty canvas version. 

5. I finished training and will start shadowing on Monday. I will be able to do some actual advising, just paired up with another more experienced adviser. 

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! 

6 comments:

  1. Our original vows are hanging in our hallway. I love stopping by every once in a while to look at them.

    I'm loving all the artwork you guys have/will have! The only art we have a a large print we bought from Ikea. I love it, but our apartment is lacking a little something. Maybe it needs more art!*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Friend!! Your artworks looks LOVELY!!! I'm diggin' that color combo!! You're amazingly artistic, and I love it!

    Yes to yard sales!! We have tons of Estate sales that surround us here, and it's amazing at the treasures we score on!

    Happy Friday love!

    xo,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything about this post. That EE. Cummings quotes is so beautiful and one of my favorites. My husband and I were just talking about framing our vows. My vows to him our already framed, but I made them into a book, so it's framed in a shadow box. His are on paper, so we're going to frame his and put them next to mine!I love your entire blog! It's definitely one of my favorites!!!
    www.aginnandaginn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that poem from EE Cummings!!

    Newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore all of your artwork! Especially the wooden one! It's so perfect!

    And thanks for the tip on the dresses! I'll be watching out for the perfect one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are so crafty! i love your artwork!! and that is one of my fave poems. love ee cummings!

    ReplyDelete

Comments Make My Day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...