Friday, May 11, 2012

Fill in The Blank Friday

Today might be a two-post kinda day. I have two link-ups in which I really want to participate. The first is Fill in the Blank Friday hosted by Lauren at The Little Things We Do. I first started looking at her blog based solely on the ad for an Etsy shop featuring this picture of Where the Wild Things Are inspired children's slippers. 

Wolf Slippers inspired by  Where The Wild Things Are
via
My future children will all run around in these. Anyway, on the Fill in the Blank Friday. 

1.  On a scale from 1-10 the frequency with which I get sick is probably a 1. I very rarely get sick which is nice. Most of the times I have been "sick" it has been something not really immune related. I got horrible food poisoning and get horrendous sunburns that leave me with a fever and nausea. 

2.   The last time I felt sick was a few weeks ago with food poisoning. It was two days of complete and total misery. 

3.  The worst part about being sick is  not feeling normal   because I always think that if I can just pretend that everything is normal the sick feeling will go away. 

4. When I am sick I like to be taken care of by It is strange but I am not always such a fan of being taken care of. Lane was wonderful when I had food poisoning, but I really don't get sick enough to have an opinion on who I like to nurse me. 

5. Something I do to keep myself healthy is I do so many things for my health. I eat mostly paleo, which means that I don't eat grains or really any processed foods. I truly believe this keeps sickness at bay. I also don't freak out about germs. I wash my hands, but I rarely use hand sanitizer, I think that when you allow your immune system to face small challenges it makes you healthier in the long run. 

Aloe Vera Ice Cubes For Burn Or Sun Burn
via
6. A secret remedy that I use when I'm sick is to drink a TON of water and hot liquids. When I get really sunburned I put ice packs behind my knees and on my elbows. Lane suggested this a few years ago when I was dying on the couch from a head to toe sunburn. It helped so much. I felt my blood cool down and it was heavenly. I also have been interested in trying the frozen aloe I have seen all over Pinterest. 

I would need one of these for every one of my bags.
via

7.  One thing that always makes me feel better when I'm sick is Harry Potter. I watch the movies when I am feeling sad, sick or just in any way bad. 

I like this link-up and will probably stop back by next week. Stay tuned for another post later today. 

2 comments:

  1. oh gosh, those where the wild things are inspired children's slippers are just perfect!!!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Harry Potter makes me feel better, too!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments Make My Day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...