Monday, February 13, 2012

Blood Orange Salad

One of my favorite things to make right now is a green salad with blood oranges and goat cheese. It is so simple, but delicious.

I toss:
Mixed Greens
Red Onion
Shredded carrot
Goat Cheese
Blood Orange
Source 

I just use oil and vinegar dressing, but it would delicious with all sorts of salad dressings. Luckily for us, our local grocery store has been stocking really amazing blood oranges. I am taking advantage while I still can.


Orange_salad
Source

Another great option is a beet and blood orange salad. It is beautiful to look at and the flavors are great together. I found this recipe on Bonappetit.com 

  • 2 medium red beets, tops trimmed
  • 2 medium golden beets, tops trimmed
  • 3 blood oranges
  • 1 medium navel orange 
  • 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
  • 1 tablespoons fresh lime juice
  • 1/2 small fennel bulb, very thinly sliced crosswise on a mandoline
  • 1/4 red onion, very thinly sliced on a mandoline (about 1/3 cup)
  • Good-quality extra-virgin olive oil 
  • Coarse sea salt, such as fleur de sel or Maldon sea salt, and freshly ground black pepper
  • 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro and/or chervil leaves


  • Blood Orange, Beet, and Fennel Salad
    Source

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Comments Make My Day!

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...