Monday, February 4, 2013

Paleo Chocolate Cake In A Mug


There are plenty of nights when I want something sweet. I don't want to make something huge, because let's be honest I would eat the whole thing. This is where my genius invention originated. I found a few recipes for chocolate cake in a mug and modified them to be paleo. Anyone looking for a small (and healthy) treat should definitely give this a try. 

Paleo Chocolate Cake In A Mug 
4 Tablespoons Almond Flour 
4 Tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa Powder (I prefer Hershey's Special Dark)
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil 
2 Tablespoons Almond Milk 
1 Egg 
Sweetener of Choice: I use two tablespoons of honey, but you could add whatever you feel comfortable with. You could use raw sugar if that is your thing, or just straight sugar for my non-paleo friends. 

Add-Ons 
One cut up banana
Chunks of dark chocolate

Mix all the ingredients in a large mug. First mix the flour and cocoa powder together. Then add the wet ingredients. It is important to very thoroughly mix the batter. You don't want to end up with chunks of almond flour in your finished cake. Once your batter is mixed, you add whatever extras you want. I usually mix in a cut up banana and a few chunks of dark chocolate. If you want the lava effect like in the picture, add  the dark chocolate. 

Then microwave your cake for 2-3 minutes. My microwave is freakishly powerful so I only let it go for two minutes. I would recommend starting with two minutes, and then adding additional time if your cake fails the clean fork test. 

I make this at least once a week. It is an extremely tasty snack, and so easy to make. 

Happy microwaving =) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Make My Day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...