This week went by so much faster than week one. We got our communication pattern down, and I feel really good about the next few months. I get a little overwhelmed if I think about exactly how long this deployment will be. I have to focus on each week as it comes. I stay pretty positive as long as I only think about the short term
1. I am grateful for friends who like to go the gym. It is much easier to go workout when you know there will be other women you know. I am grateful that I feel strong and have friends who also believe that lifting weights isn't weird for women.
2. I am grateful for my husband's efforts at maintaining our communication. We went into deployment with a pretty straight forward plan, and it has worked out really well. I am so grateful that he is willing to stay up late so we can have quality chat time together.
3. I am grateful for fleece-lined leggings. Anyone moving to Fort Drum, buy pairs upon pairs of these. They are such a life saver in this really cold weather.
4. I am grateful for new opportunities at work. My boss gave me a whole new area of responsibility. I have a feeling it's actually because he doesn't want to do it any more, but I will take what I can get.
5. Random 60 degree days in the middle of winter. Wednesday was absolutely gorgeous and offered an awesome break from the north country winter.
DIY-Ing It Through Deployment
All right y'all, this week was not a good one in the world of DIY. My garage has really just been too darn cold to work in, so I am stuck on only projects I can do in the house. Maybe next week will be better =)
Goodness my husband is good looking