This week went by in a blur. I am grateful, and hope the next twenty or so do the same. Work was pretty hectic this week, and I am relieved to be having a wonderfully relaxing weekend. Communication with Lane was pretty good. He makes such an awesome effort to be available at convenient times. I am glad to have a month down. Eight months feels much more manageable than nine. I only have to do this eight more times.
1. I am still grateful for Harry Potter. S and I had another HP date this weekend, and it was wonderful. Y'all might think I'm silly, but it is so familiar and comforting.
2. I am grateful for my nifty Ikea milk frother. This thing is seriously the best three dollars I've ever spent. It makes hot chocolate, coffee and chai lattes even tastier.
3. I am grateful for snugly mornings with this little cutie. I have been trying to wake up a little earlier to make my mornings more relaxed. Even half an hour makes my whole day seem smoother. I also love that our eyes look so similar in this picture.
4. I am grateful to feel better. Being sick makes you infinitely more grateful when you finally feel better.
5. I am grateful to have a job that challenges me. I had some really hard appointments this week. Appointments that made me seek out help and find random pieces of army policy. They left me really frustrated when I had to continually seek assistance, but I truly feel that I learned a great deal in the process.
DIY-Ing It Through Deployment
Zilch, Nada, Zero this weekend. Since it's way too cold to work in the garage, I am going to add another new category called:
My heat stopped working on Friday. I thought it was just because the door swung open while I was at the gym, but the furnace decided to stop working. They came and fixed it Saturday afternoon, but Friday night was pretty chilly. Luckily, no heat in Fort Drum counts as an emergency and they came out on the weekend.
God I love how he looks at me.