Saturday, September 29, 2012

Things To Watch

I am always looking for interesting things to watch on Netflix Watch Instantly, and love seeing other's recommendations. Here are some things I watched recently and loved. 

Page One: Inside the New York Times Poster 
Page One: Inside the New York Times 
Both my parents work for newspapers, so they have a special place in my heart. This is a really interesting look inside the NYT during the decline in printed news. It also discusses the wiki-leaks scandal and the role of newspapers in publishing sensitive material. There is some pretty serious language in this (fair warning).

If a Tree Falls: A Story of the Earth Liberation Front Poster
If A Tree Falls The Story Of The Earth Liberation Front 
This was an interesting look at the organization that has been classified as eco-terrorists. It was interesting to feel sympathy for people that caused millions of dollars of damage. Anyone who likes Whale Wars will like this documentary. I thought it was well done, but it does show some serious police violence (again fair warning). 

Inspector Lewis Poster
Inspector Lewis 
I absolutely love this show. It is a PBS Masterpiece program and the first few seasons are on Netflix. It is set in Oxford, which is one of my favorite cities in the whole world. It is much more reserved than most of the U.S crime shows, but I absolutely love it. The setting is just gorgeous. 
Have y'all found anything recently on Netflix that you really enjoyed? I would love to hear your recommendations. 

3 comments:

  1. These all sound good, esp the New York Times one! I watched a good amount of Netflix while my husband was deployed. Unfortunately, we can't use Netflix in Germany. (It has to do with having a foreign IP address. You can get around it, but I don't have hacker skills like that.) I have heard that the show Homeland is really good. If I still had Netflix, I'd be watching that.*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked Page One too! I don't have Netflix so I have no recommendations, ha.
    -Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, thanks for telling me about Page One. Sounds super interesting!

    ReplyDelete

Comments Make My Day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...