I am so relieved it is Friday. Asha made it through getting fixed yesterday with no problem. She was super groggy and sleepy all night. Usually she is up and ready to do at 8:00, but today she slept until 11:00. As I result, I slept till 11:00. Her surgery went well and she hasn't been licking her incision which is great. I did cry when I dropped her off, but was pretty much fine or the rest of the day. She looks so silly with her stomach shaved. She has so much fur that without it she looks half her size.
I am linking up with Lauren at The Little Things We Do for Fill In The Blank Friday.
1. My first memory is getting surgery on my thumb when I was three. I remember waking up from the anesthesia and being very confused about the giant bandage on my thumb. This is perhaps a very strange first memory, but it is still quite clear in my mind.
2. My first love was books. I know this question probably refers to men, but my love affair with reading is considerably longer than my love for my husband. Books have always been a sacred escape for me. Some of my favorite moments last year were the days when I would be the first employee at Barnes and Noble. Walking around the bookstore when it was still dark outside and seeing all the books. I think that there is something wonderful in the fact that no matter how life changes, the books stay the same. However, your reading of them changes as you move through life. That duplicity is awesome to me.
3. My very first favorite color was blue. I think I have always loved blue
4. The first time I really felt like a "grown-up" was when Lane and I had to fix the car soon after we got married. We were sitting in the repair office and I called him my husband. It was such a domestic task; getting the car fixed with my husband.
5. The first thing I do when I wake up in the morning is let Asha outside and feed her. She is my alarm clock. She gets up with Lane at 6:00 and then wakes me up at 8:00 for play time. I usually make tea and browse my news sites.
6. The first CD (cassette tape, record, etc...) I ever bought was probably N'Sync or Backstreet Boys.
7. My first car was I drove my parents Toyota Previa for a few months, my first real car that was mine was a 2001 Volkswagon Jetta. I still drive it today.
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.