Monday, January 7, 2013

Weekend Fun

Hello Monday =) 
I am ready for another week at work and the craziness that comes in the two weeks before classes start. I had a wonderful weekend full of play time for Asha and retail therapy for me. I have no idea why, but impending deployment means that I want to spend as much money as humanly possible. I have asked around, and I'm not alone in this. Your husband leaving you for the better part of a year apparently causes intense shopping urges.
 We made two trips to Target and another two to Michaels. I am excited that I stocked up on supplies for a few different upcoming projects. I know that I need to keep myself as occupied as possible in the first few weeks Lane is gone. 

I snagged this adorable plaid shirt from Old Navy as well as these Kate Spade-ish notebooks from Target. I am planning to use them for shopping lists and other random thoughts. 



 Asha was very sweet and cuddly Sunday morning during breakfast. 

My military ladies, did y'all find your selves going on a massive spending spree before your husband's departure? I don't know what it is, but my bank account can't handle much more. 
Have a wonderful week =) 


2 comments:

  1. I don't seem to remember any strong shopping urges pre-deployment, but I definitely did during deployment. I got a lot of advice to engage in retail therapy. Sometimes it worked, but I didn't find that it was a good long term solution for my stress. (Running is the best medicine for stress for me!)*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been through a deployment yet, but I have had to go through about three months of my fiance being gone for more training (not basic). I definitely felt myself spending more than I usually do, so I can see how that would happen.

    ReplyDelete

Comments Make My Day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...