Saturday, January 26, 2013

Deployment Week One

I have been thinking for quite a while about how I wanted to mark the passage of time during this deployment. I have seen several different weekly features, and I've decided to combine a few of them into my Saturday post. 

Deployment Gratitude 
1. I am grateful that my husband is willing to stay up ridiculously late to talk to me online. Twice this week he has stayed in the USO till very late so we can actually talk. Y'all, this time zone thing is not convenient. 
2. I am so grateful for the internet. 
3. I am grateful for a job that I completely adore. 
4. I am grateful for calls, e-mails, and texts of support. Knowing that people are thinking about us and praying for Lane's safety means a lot.
5. I am grateful for my mother-in-law. She got me a gift certificate to a local spa so I can go get my nails done with a friend. 

DIY-ING It Through Deployment 

This week I decided to focus on the wall gallery in the living room. I knew that I wanted to replace one big painting with a gallery of smaller pictures. I cut a map into different sections and framed them. I included Indiana (where we met), Georgia (where I'm from), Virginia (where Lane's from) and New York. I also included my mod podge picture canvas and three of my paintings. I will definitely add more frames as time goes on.



Happy Picture



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Make My Day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...