Thursday, May 23, 2013

What I Have Learned

Today's prompt for Blog Every Day In May is "Things You've Learned That School Won't Teach You"
 
I learned lots of things in school yesterday. In fact, I actually used algebra yesterday in a real world situation. I felt like I should call my old math teacher and say thanks.
 
However, many of life's greatest lessons I have learned from experiences outside of the school house.
 
1. You can't always control what happens to you, but you can control how you react.
This has been a big lesson to me in the past few months. I have tried to focus on finding the positives during my husband's deployment, and choosing to be happy regardless of a crappy situation. Whether it is the car falling apart or just general life events, I have been focusing on reacting in a positive and calm manner.
 
2. Marriage is really really really awesome.
 
3. You choose what standard you want to live up to. In the end you are only accountable to yourself.
I have always heard that integrity means doing the right thing when no one is looking. In same vein, the quote "you are what you repeatedly do" has always hit home for me. We make choices which together comprise who we are as people.
 
4. Take off you eye makeup at night.
I usually forget, but just do it.
 
5. Good things come to those who work hard.
People always say how lucky I am to have a great job up here. Maybe luck is involved, but I also worked insanely hard for four months trying to find something. I came back to my (now) boss' office every week for a month before I was eventually hired. Don't wait for the perfect thing to fall into your lap. Hustle!
 
6. Cilantro will last a lot longer if you put it in a cup with water, cover it with a plastic bag and stick it in the fridge.
 
What have you learned? Go link up with Jenni and let us know.

1 comment:

  1. 4. Take off you eye makeup at night.
    I usually forget, but just do it.


    My favorite part... *I usually forget

    ReplyDelete

Comments Make My Day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...