Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Ten Little Things

My mantra for this deployment has been to choose happiness and be proactive about happiness. Now, this has been tested a little bit in the past week. I just felt out of sorts. This deployment felt like a giant weight on my shoulders. I was just an unhappy camper. I am trying to get myself sorted out, and today's prompt for Blog Every Day In May is perfect for that.

Ten Things That Make Me Happy


1. When Asha and I sit on the floor and she rests her head on my shoulder. It's like our little version of a hug.

2. Whole Milk Lattes

3. Raspberry smoothies

4. Seeing the little green icon next to my husband's name on FB chat. 
Nothing is better than seeing that he is available to chat. 

5. When one of my students graduates. 
I get all giddy watching one of my students complete their degree program and get their diploma. 

6. Paying off one of our student loans.
 We still have a looonnnggg way to go, but it feels good to have one finished. 


7. Surprise letters from my family. My aunt sent me this gorgeous photograph of my grandmother.  

8. This may sound terrible, but I really love the occasional no-show for appointments. 
Having that little breather during the day makes everything so much easier. I can deal with administrative stuff and grab a quick second to eat lunch. 

9. It is Farmer's Market season in the North Country. I absolutely love spending a Saturday morning wandering around the markets in this area. I am especially excited for the local honey. 

10. Seeing my friends welcome their husbands home from Afghanistan. I can't imagine the level of excitement they must be feeling. 

What is making y'all happy today? Link up with Jenni and let us know =) 

2 comments:

  1. Love your positive attitude! And Farmer's Markets too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're allowed to be out of sorts during deployment. :) But I love your determination to be positive too! I just went to the Saturday farmers market in downtown Columbus this weekend and LOVE it. Planning to make it a Saturday routine. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments Make My Day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...