Thursday, December 20, 2012

Seeing Red

Hello Thursday. This has just been the week of link-ups, and today I am joining Stephanie and Katie
 for "Saw It, Pinned It, Did It" 

Saw it. Pinned it. Did it.

I had seen these EAT signs on Pinterest forever. I finally decided to make my own a while ago. I loved the idea of sticking with a red theme. Here is some of my inspiration. 

EAT sign
Original Source  Molly's Kitchen Board on Pinterest
bold EAT sign for the kitchen
Original Tumblr Source   Kitchen Board on Pinterest

And here is my version.




I just bought large paper mache letters from Joanne's and painted them red with a glossy red spray paint. They are a really bright fire engine red, but for some reason look much more muted in my pictures. 

I really like how this simple (and cheap) DIY adds to my kitchen. I still have one giant empty wall, but that is one of my deployment projects. 

I hope everyone has a wonderful end of their week. We are heading down to New Jersey for Christmas to see my side of the family. I can't wait to show off Asha to my parents and hang out with my siblings. We are planning a trip to NYC and other fun activities. 


2 comments:

  1. I kept seeing the EAT letters too and made them not too long ago! they are so cute! :) I love where you put yours.

    Thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I've been seeing those as well and I think your color red is my favorite!

    ~Tiffany
    http://tiffanyd22.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments Make My Day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...