Monday, December 10, 2012

Paleo Sweet Potato/Ham/Onion Quiche

Today I want to share one of my tastiest and easiest paleo meals. This is a sweet potato, ham and onion quiche. I make this recipe at least once a week for brunch or even dinner. 


1. Cut sweet potato into slices and bake at 400 degrees until soft and cooked all the way through. I got ahead and bake them in the pie dish to avoid unnecessary cleanup. 


2. While the sweet potatoes are baking, slice and cook onion until translucent and a little caramelized.  


3. When the sweet potatoes are cooked, take the pie pan out of the oven. Add three to four slices of ham over the sweet potato. Then, whisk 6 eggs. Pour the eggs over the ham and sweet potato. 


4. Top with the caramelized onions and bake at 350 for about fifteen to twenty minutes. You just want to make sure the egg is cooked all the way through. My oven runs extremely hot, so I would just keep an eye on it. 

 I love this recipe because the sweet potato makes a wonderful sort of crust that you usually don't get with paleo foods. The ham and sweet potato are delicious together. I am a fan of onion on pretty much everything. 

If you have ever wanted to try a paleo recipe, this is a great introduction. It is easy, tasty, and looks great. 

1 comment:

  1. Scrummmmyyy!!! LOVE sweet potatoes, so I must try this recipe out!!! Anything with eggs and ham... is all game for me!

    Happy Tuesday friend! xo, Bev

    ReplyDelete

Comments Make My Day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...