Tuesday, June 11, 2013

My Heaven

Photo: At my favorite place, just missing my favorite person.

While I was in Atlanta we drove up to my parent's lake house for the weekend. This is where we got married and I haven't been back since the wedding. We were lucky enough to have gorgeous weather on Friday and Saturday. I was able to swim and read on the dock. We took multiple walks around the lake and listened to my dad play music with his buddies. 

Honestly, just being there makes me happy. It was a little harder than expected to be there without Lane. I went back to the very spot where said "I Do" and sat in the sun for a while. I thought about our marriage and everything that has changed since the last time I was on that field. Of course I snapped a picture to send Lane. 

Getting out of my routine made it harder to deal with deployment. I have become so reliant on my friends, gym time and schedule up here to maintain my sanity. The stress of deployment seems so much harsher when you're not in your normal environment.  Although seeing my family was wonderful, the lack of routine was difficult for me. 

Anyone else notice that things seem much scarier when you're out of the familiar? 

1 comment:

  1. So gorgeous! I'm so glad you had a good time, but I'm sure it must have been hard. I've been keeping you and Lane in my prayers girl, and hopefully the rest of his deployment will just fly by.

    ReplyDelete

Comments Make My Day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...