Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Home Sweet Home


The last few months of Columbus living have been marked by unpacked boxes and living out of random bags. Although I have some great friends down here, I can't say that this apartment really feels like home. When I first arrived in October there was not a single piece of furniture in the whole place. The boys had been living with just a few dishes and sleeping pads for beds. I have quickly accumulated a dining room table and a few other items, but it looks a lot like a college dorm. 

This is one reason I am so excited for the pcs to Fort Drum. Despite the cold and snow, this will be the first place where we can actually make a home together. Something that in our eight years together we have never had. In celebration of the upcoming move, here are some of my favorite homey crafts. I plan to do most of these in our new place. 



Source: http://kayladanelle.blogspot.com


I love the idea of keeping track of all the places we will live and the cities that mean the most to us. I would of course include Indiana ( where we met), Georgia ( where I am from and where we live now), Virginia ( where I went to grad school and where husband is from).

Source: http://www.younghouselove.com
                                                   
This is another sweet idea for anyone who moves on a regular basis. You just keep a copy of the key from each home and display them in a shadow box. I have the key from my house in Arlington ( where we got engaged), and will hold onto the key from the house here in Columbus. 

Pinned Image
Source: www.marthastewartweddings.com
                                                
I love maps for matting pictures. I try to grab a free map from any city I visit with the hopes of doing something like this. This would be great in a gallery style with all different maps from your travels. 

I can't wait to start to decorate after the move. I would rather think about framing pictures than the mountains of furniture and boxes that have to be moved across the entire eastern seaboard. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Make My Day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...